Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Google Plus

Ask Louise

Q  Do I need house contents insurance or is it covered by the landlord?

A Yes, you will need to purchase this as the landlord does not include this. Many of the big international insurance companies are represented here such as AXA Insurance, RSA Insurance etc.

6 Responses to “Ask Louise”

  1. Freda says:

    I recently returned from a summer trip and my house was covered in mold. I do not have personal contents insurance will my landlord be responsible for replacing my clothes and furniture that has been destroyed through his insurance policy?

  2. Freda says:

    My property is actually in my employees name and not mine so is it possible to get personal contents insurance without a landlord contract in my name ?

    • Louise says:

      I have spoken to two insurance companies who have said “yes” but I would urge you to check the small print.

  3. Freda says:

    Would mold be included anyway even if I did have personal contents insurance ?

    • Louise says:

      I have spoken to two insurance companies who both state that if you incur mould due to an electrical failure in otherwise your a/c breaks while you are on vacation then you would be covered by insurance. However, upon checking the small print in both policies it appears that you would not be covered. Maybe there is an insurance company out there that can help us unravel this confusion?

  4. Freda says:

    Thanks Louise, It would be great if an insurance company could comment on all of the above. I have met a few friends over the past few weeks who have also complained of mold issues.

Leave a Reply

Meet the team

Move One in the community

More Video Guides