Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Google Plus

Ask Louise

Q  How easy will it be to transfer my driving license?

A If you are a citizen of one of the license transfer countries and you have a residency visa then you can apply for a 10 year license.

Documents that you will require are : Passport for residents (original & copy) residence permit copy, current driving license (original & copy), translation of driving license (for some countries), consulate letter (for Canadians), 1 passport photo, eye test certificate (this can be done at most opticians you need 2 passport photos for this) & AED 360 for transfer fee and opening a driving file. Also required is a no-objection letter from your sponsor. Click here for up to date information.

If you are not from one of the countries approved to transfer your license you will need to take driving lessons plus a test from one of the approved driving schools.

You will require the following documents: Passport (original & copy) with residence stamp, No-Objection Certificate from employer & 8 photos.

Click here for more details.

Leave a Reply

Meet the team

Move One in the community

More Video Guides