Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Google Plus

Ask Louise

I am not happy with my compensation and long work hours so would like to look for another job.  However, if I resign after working for only 2 years of a 3 year contract is there a ban?

As you have already completed 2 years with your current employer, a 6 months work ban will not be imposed by Minsitry of Labour. However, due to the fact that you are  on a limited contract and have not completed 3 years as per the contract, your employer may request a one year work ban which cannot be lifted.

Kindly note that work ban will not be applicable if a current or new employer is based in a free zone.‎

For more information, kindly refer to the article available on our website:

Leave a Reply

Meet the team

Move One in the community

More Video Guides