Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Google Plus

Ask Louise

I seem to be very unlucky with landlords. Our landlord has decided that the fact that the hob in our kitchen has packed up is a ‘minor maintenance issue’ which we have to pay for, as per our contract. To us, minor maintenance is changing light bulbs and using filler to fill holes made by hanging pictures, not what could be an expensive repair due to what I suspect is an electrical fault. Who is right? And, if he refuses to pay, is there any body I can go to to try to force him to do so?

What is considered ‘minor’ and ‘major’ maintenance should be stipulated in the Tenancy Contract, and both parties are bound by this agreement. When you have registered the Tenancy contract with RERA, and if you have a problem and need intervention or a dispute arises, RERA can assist, but only if the lease is registered.

Leave a Reply

Meet the team

Move One in the community

More Video Guides