Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Google Plus

Ask Louise

Can you please direct me to laws regarding husband changing his employer. My husband says that his contract allows him to change companies within less than 2 years as long as he does NOT move to a direct competitor. I thought that as he is not in a Freezone he has to wait the 2 years. Would be grateful if you could direct me to relevant website. Thanks.

If the company is registered under Ministry of Labour and he has not completed 2 years of employment with his current employer, he will be automatically banned by Ministry of Labour for 6 months.‎

He can however  lift the 6 months work ban if he is going to be paid by the new employer according to the educational qualification.‎

If an employee holds University/MBA degree,they should earn a minimum 12000 AED a month in order to lift the ban. Diploma holders (post secondary) should earn not less than 7000 AED and workers who have passed high school should be paid a minimum salary of 5000 AED. He will need to submit fully legalized educational certificate proving the qualification.‎

The above rule is applicable if both, current and new employer are private companies registered with Ministry of Labour (outside a free zone).

For more information, kindly refer to the article available on the Move One Inc Website.

Leave a Reply

Meet the team

Move One in the community

More Video Guides