Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Google Plus

Ask Louise

ask louiseQuestionHi, our landlord sold the flat we are renting but we have not had an official notification.  Should the new landlord be sending us some kind of official notification? What about his registering the DEWA in his name (I see from the DEWA on-line portal that there is a specific “change of landlord” option?) Is there anything else that he needs to do?

Also. our current contract expires in July next year. Our old landlord sent us an official court document asking us to vacate at the end of this contract but it was delivered one full month after our renewal, which means that effectively we are getting only 11 months notice?  Can we contest this through  RERA with the new landlord?

Answer1Step Properties advise the following

The official notification must be a 12 months notice period, the tenant must receive this by notary certificate.

As the previous landlord did not send it as an official document: certified by notary, the notification will start only when the new landlord sends it this way.

The new landlord  has to register the DEWA on his name, this is the normal way.

In case of any problem with the landlord, you need to refer to the Rental Committee at the Land Department.

Leave a Reply

Meet the team

Move One in the community

More Video Guides