Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Google Plus

Ask Louise | Bringing Parents to Live in UAE

ask louiseQuestionPlease advise requirements for sponsoring both parents if I set-up my own business in the UAE.

AnswerHere is the answer from the experts at Move One Relocation

Should bring both of parents, otherwise attested death/divorce certificate or any other reason to be submitted. Such certificate must be attested from UAE Embassy in home country and Foreign Affairs in UAE.

Parent(s) should be in UAE on Visit/Tourist visa while applying residence visa for them. This condition may be exempted if parent(s) had visited UAE before

It is not allowed to combine between the parents and parents-in-law, means should choose either parents or parents-in-law.

Required Documents

• Passport copies of parents and one photo with white background

• Passport copies of sponsor and spouse with valid visa page

• For Partner/Investor visa holders, Company and Personal Account Statements for the last six months to be attached.

• Company Contract for Partnership

• Trade License of the company

• Deposit receipt upon setting up the company

• Attested Tenancy Contract (consisting of Two Bedrooms). It has to be attested through Ejari online system of Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA).

• Electricity Bill for the last month.

•Affidavit letter (Dependency Certificate) attested from Consulate stating that you will take care for the sponsored parents and be responsible for their well being


• Type Entry permit residence visa application from typing center and attach the required d=documents and submit at the Humanitarian Case Counter of the Immigration head office in Jafiliya (Counter No. 22 & 23, Main Building, Main Entrance, First Left). Pay Dh120+220 there for initial approval sticker and File Opening.

• If the documents are complete, they will give a token with reference number. After five working days you will receive an SMS either accepted or rejected.

• If the application is accepted, you will have to pay Dh5020 as deposit for each parent and Dh680 to issue visa inside country for each.

• Type Status Change form for Dh510 (typing extra) and submit at any of the Immigration counter before the expiry date of Visit Visa/Tourist Visa. If the parent is on Tourist Visa, he/she must exit and enter on new visa. Tourist visa cannot be changed inside country.

• Medical, Emirates ID and visa stamping should be completed within 60 days from the date of entry/Status Change.

• Parents’ visa will be stamped for one year and to be renewed every year.

• Visa stamping Fee: Dh170 + service.

NOTE: Profession/Designation of the sponsor matters now to get parents’ visa. Managerial and executive professions are accepted. Nurse profession holders have preference.

Leave a Reply

Meet the team

Move One in the community

More Video Guides