Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Google Plus

Ask Louise – Municipality Affection Plan

ask louiseQuestionPlease could you advise what is a Municipality Affection Plan Copy?  Please also advise who gets this – the landlord or the tenant?  I am a landlord – must I give my Title Deeds to the tenant?

AnswerThe landlord obtains the affection plan from the Municipality to prove where their property is and the size of your property.

The title deed is obtained by the landlord only after paying 2% of the buying price.

This title deed is really important, you need it now to connect the DEWA, to register your rental contract with Ejari and sometimes it is required by the developer as a ‘Move In’ permit.
As a landlord you should always keep the original document, but you should give a copy to the tenant and even to the real estate agent when he wants to rent it as they need this to show to the tenant so the prospective tenant will pay a security deposit.

Leave a Reply

Meet the team

Move One in the community

More Video Guides