Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Google Plus

Ask Louise – Sponsoring Parents

ask louiseQuestionWill I be able to sponsor my mother? I am a married female, earn 23k/month as E-commerce manager. My mother is divorced and has no one else to look after her in our home country. My husband earns below 20k which is the new minimum requirement I understand and therefore he won’t be able to sponsor her. Please advise.

AnswerOur Immigration experts at Move One Relocations advise the following:

UAE expatriates, holding valid resident visas and having a minimum salary of AED 19,000 with accommodation or salary of AED 20,000 without accommodation can get one year renewable resident visas for their parents or parents-in-law.

As long as you are not under the sponsorship of your husband, you can sponsor your mother. Since your parents are divorced, your mother should carry documentary proof, when visiting DNRD to obtain the entry permit visa, which is the first stage before she can apply for a residence visa. You will also needs to obtain a medical insurance policy for your mother with minimum coverage of AED 600 per year.

2 Responses to “Ask Louise – Sponsoring Parents”

  1. Bhawna says:


    Please advise requirements for both sponsoring parents if set-up own business in UAE.


Leave a Reply

Meet the team

Move One in the community

More Video Guides