Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Google Plus

Ask Louise – Sponsoring Step-Son

ask louiseQuestionI am looking at moving to Dubai and I was wondering if there would be any problems with having a step son who does not have my name. Would this make it more difficult when applying for a visa and when enrolling at school.

AnswerYou as the sponsor (step father) can apply for your step son’s UAE Residence Visa but prior to that you will need to take special approval from the Humanitarian department in the Main immigration Dubai. All the supporting documents eg. Legal Custody document (issued from the court of their country), ‘No Objection Certificate’ (NOC) from the biological father, Birth Certificate, his Marriage certificate etc should be provided. All the original documents should be attested and translated into English for use in UAE.  Everything will be straightforward once you have the documents.

Leave a Reply

Meet the team

Move One in the community

More Video Guides