Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Google Plus

Ask Louise | Visa Question

ask louiseQuestionI recently moved to Dubai sponsored by my company and am currently living in a hotel apartment. My family is due to arrive towards the later part of January, however besides requesting our marriage certificate, daughters birth certificate, etc., the person from the company dealing with their residents visa’s has requested that I get a year lease for Ejari purposes which is required for the visa’s. I am in a bit of a dilemma as our furniture will take about 6 weeks to arrive after my family arrives and secondly my wife and I would like to find a villa together. Therefore is it possible to get them in on Visitors Visa and once here apply for the resident visa once we find a property on a 12 month lease? My wife has an Argentinian passport.

AnswerUnfortunately an Argentinian national does not get visa on arrival in Dubai and since your Residency permit is under process, you will be unable to sponsor a visit visa for your wife.  You will need to submit your Residency Permit to apply for visit visa for your wife.

The only option left is tourist visa, Unfortunately tourist visa cannot be transfered in country( UAE). Your wife will need to make a round trip for change of status ( Tourist to Residence Permit.)

Leave a Reply

Meet the team

Move One in the community

More Video Guides