You are currently browsing the archives for the Ask Louise category.

Name * :

Email * :

Phone * :

Estimated Volume:

Moving Date (mm/dd/yy) :

Moving From * :

Moving To * :

Newsletter Sign up

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Google Plus


I have been an expat nearly all my life. I was born in Edinburgh, Scotland but my early years were spent on the Caribbean Island of Trinidad. As a family, we relocated back to the UK for a few years but the call of expat life was never too far away and we once again relocated this time to Hong Kong. I returned to Scotland to finish my education and attend University where I met my husband who had also been an expat child and after a few years of doing the 9 to 5 job in the UK we returned to Hong Kong, moved to the Philippines and then 15 years ago ended up in Dubai.

Your Email (required)

Your Message (required)

I confirm that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions

ask louiseQuestionI’m desperately looking for a babysitter for my 3 and half daughter from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Read more

ask louiseQuestionHi – my daughter is 7 years old – can you make any suggestions for field hockey clubs that she can join to play at.  Read more

ask louiseQuestionCould you please tell me if they will be serving alcohol in Dubai during Eid in October? Also will it be like Ramadan where you cant eat or drink in the day? Read more

ask louiseQuestionI’m a teacher and have been living here in Dubai for a year. I was away for the summer (almost 7 weeks in total) and cleared out my fridge and shut my power off at the mains in my apartment. Upon my return I have received the highest DEWA bill since moving here!  Do you know what I can do to rectify this as clearly my meters aren’t being checked. Read more

ask louiseQuestionHello I am hoping you can help me. I am looking at taking a position with a major company near the Jumeirah beach, alas at the moment I don’t know the slightest thing about where too start with the general life things. I am married and have a seven year old child, who is fluent in both English and French. I am unsure if I will be given accommodation or not. Assuming I don’t get accommodation, where would be a good place to rent (I don’t mind commuting and would prefer my wife and daughter to be in a good area, near a good school). Next, what sort of school is good. My wife is concerned about crime and things for each of us to do. My list could be endless as you can imagine, I am just hoping for advice and general ideas.  Many thanks in advance. Read more

ask louiseQuestionHi, my son wants to celebrate his 7th birthday based on football theme, any thing indoor would be better.
Thanks Read more

Meet the team

Move One in the community

More Video Guides