The property search is over. You have now decided which property to go for. Next step? Get yourself ready with what documents you need to provide and to receive when renting a property in Dubai with the help of this checklist.
• Passport copy with signature page
• UAE residence visa or letter from employer/sponsor that visa is under process
• UAE bank account and cheque book
For the company:
• Trade License
• Passport copy with signature page of the signatory
• Proof that signatory is authorized to sign on behalf of the company (i.e. Board Resolution or POA)
• Passport copy with signature + UAE residence visa of occupant
• Title Deed (if not available, Oqood and/or Affection Plan)
• Passport copy with signature page of all listed in the Title Deed
• Trade License and passport of autorized signatory (if under company name)
• Proof of ownership
It is important that these documents are all valid and in hand before making any payment. This is to ensure that no issue will occur later on. For example, if Title Deed or Oqood is not available then it may be possible that tenancy contract will not be registered in Ejari. The Ejari registration is a must if you need to sponsor family member(s) and/or a housemaid.
FEES TO BE PAID BY TENANT
• Security Deposit – 5% if unfurnished/semi-furnished, 10% if fully-furnished
◦ To be refunded by the landlord upon move out of the tenant in the property
• Rent Amount
◦ Terms of Payment can be negotiated with the landlord (i.e. 2 or 4 cheques)
◦ Agency fee – 5% of the total rent amount payable to the real estate agency representing the landlord
Ask what the storage charges are at both ends of your journey ie storage charges in Dubai maybe cheaper than they are in the UK so it may well be worth storing your goods in Dubai. Read more
Some helpful information when moving to Dubai.
Living in the UAE is comparable to other major cities around the world. Accommodation is typically located in widespread central areas in high rise apartment buildings, villas (houses) and town houses. The buildings have recreational facilities, appliances and parking.