So, you are new(ish) to Dubai or possibly planning to relocate to Dubai in the near future? We are happy that you have found our blog, Expat Echo Dubai. Hopefully, you will find it a helpful resource during your settling in process into this unique city.
First of all, let me start by the obvious. Dubai is unlike any other city in the world. It’s very likely that you will be relocating here from some place very, very different. Do not fear. Don’t let the glitz, glam or size scare you. (more…)
The property search is over. You have now decided which property to go for. Next step? Get yourself ready with what documents you need to provide and to receive when renting a property in Dubai with the help of this checklist.
• Passport copy with signature page
• UAE residence visa or letter from employer/sponsor that visa is under process
• UAE bank account and cheque book
For the company:
• Trade License
• Passport copy with signature page of the signatory
• Proof that signatory is authorized to sign on behalf of the company (i.e. Board Resolution or POA)
• Passport copy with signature + UAE residence visa of occupant
• Title Deed (if not available, Oqood and/or Affection Plan)
• Passport copy with signature page of all listed in the Title Deed
• Trade License and passport of autorized signatory (if under company name)
• Proof of ownership
It is important that these documents are all valid and in hand before making any payment. This is to ensure that no issue will occur later on. For example, if Title Deed or Oqood is not available then it may be possible that tenancy contract will not be registered in Ejari. The Ejari registration is a must if you need to sponsor family member(s) and/or a housemaid.
FEES TO BE PAID BY TENANT
• Security Deposit – 5% if unfurnished/semi-furnished, 10% if fully-furnished
◦ To be refunded by the landlord upon move out of the tenant in the property
• Rent Amount
◦ Terms of Payment can be negotiated with the landlord (i.e. 2 or 4 cheques)
◦ Agency fee – 5% of the total rent amount payable to the real estate agency representing the landlord
We extend our deepest and heartfelt condolences to His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Dubai Royal Family, UAE and the people for the loss of Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the eldest son of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. May he rest in peace.
Just when you thought a new location will be a fun adventure, both frustration and confusion often come along to those who may not be prepared or properly assisted. Find the essentials in the article below on what documents are needed to be a legal UAE resident, what to do to be financially protected, your housing requirements and more. Knowing these early on can help save you from the stress and hassle of relocating and settling into a new environment. Read more
The price of petrol will drop in the UAE for the month of September.
Petrol will be sold to consumers at Dhs1.89 per litre for E-plus (Octane 91 petrol), Dhs1.96 per litre for Special (Octane 95 petrol) and Dhs2.07 per litre for Super (Octane 98 petrol).
All petrol stations in the UAE will retail diesel at Dhs1.86 per litre next month.
In August, UAE fuel stations charge Dhs2.07 per litre for E-Plus 91, Dhs2.14 per litre for Special 95, Dhs2.25 per litre for super 98 and Dhs2.05 per litre for diesel. Read more