How to Set Up a Bank Account
A Dubai bank account is a requirement for most residents and each bank has specific prerequisites. General banking hours are from Sunday to Thursday 8:00 to 15:30 and Saturday 8:00-14:00 but they do vary bank to bank. Most banks set a minimum account balance limit normally 5000 AED for a savings or checking account. If the balance falls below the minimum set by the bank a fee of 30-100 AED is charged per month depending on the bank and account type. Please note that all banks have different procedures.
• Passport (original and copy).
• Residence permit (original and copy).
• One form of local ID such as a driving license (original and copy).
• Minimum balance amount (varies from bank to bank).
• Note all procedures and timings can vary from bank to bank, please check with each with your bank for more information.