How to Set Up a Salik Account
Salik, meaning open or clear, is Dubai’s electronic toll collection system which was launched in July 2007. Salik utilizes the latest technology to achieve free flow operation with no toll booths, no toll collectors, and no impact to traffic flow, allowing vehicles to move freely through the tolling point at highway speeds. Each time you pass through a Salik tolling gate, the toll of AED 4 will be deducted from your prepaid toll account using advanced Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology. If you travel between Al Barsha Gate and Safa Gate in less than one hour only AED 4 is deducted.
Six Toll Gates:
Sheikh Zayed Road Safa Park
Sheikh Zayed Road just after Mall of Emirates (Al Barsha)
Al Ittihad Road near Al Mamzar Bridge
Beirut Road near Airport Tunnel.
There are no pay booths and no need to stop as you drive through toll gates. Drivers attached a salik tag to their windscreen, that registers charges which is then deducted from your account.
- Purchase a welcome pack cost AED 100, including AED 50 for cost of tag and 50 for the prepaid toll balance will be added into Salik account.
- Purchase from Emarat, EPPCO, ENOC, ADNOC petrol stations or Emirates Bank, Dubai Islamic Bank.
- Register tag online www.salik.ae or call Salik 800Salik (72545)
- Stick tag on windscreen below the rear view mirror
- When tag is installed you can start driving under toll gates
- An SMS will be sent to your mobile phone to remind you to top up your balance on your Salik card.
- Buy top-up scratch cards from participating petrol stations, banks or top-up online
- You can review your Salik account here. or by visiting www.salik.ae
- If you pass under a gate without enough money on a Salik card you will be fined DHS 50 each time.
- An SMS is sent to advice you that your account needs to be topped up.
- Note: For Online registration and further information you may visit salik website at www.salik.ae or Call 800-SALIK (72545)
- You need your car registration card to purchase your Salik card
- Passport and driving license copy
- Fines are linked to the registered car owner