Remember to Buckle up The Kids
When moving to Dubai make sure you have your child seat with you and ready to use as it is law that children must be secured in a child seat or seat booster when travelling in a car. The law states that:
- Children under nine months, or those weighing under 10kg (22 lbs), must be seated in child seats facing the rear of the car.
- Children between nine months and four years, weighing 9kg (20 lbs) to 18kg (39 lbs), should be seated in car seats facing forward.
- Seat boosters can be used for children between four and six years, weighing 15kg (33 lbs) to 25kg (55 lbs).
- Support cushions can be used for children aged six to 11 years, who weigh 22kg (48 lbs) to 36kg (79 lbs).
- Child seats should be placed on the back seat, secured with seatbelts.