Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Google Plus

Working on Husbands Visa in Dubai

Being a resident in the UAE means you have a sponsor and if you are a wife you are more than likely sponsored by your husband.

On your visa you will see the words “HOUSEWIFE/NOT ALLOWED TO WORK.”  You are of course allowed to work but only after you obtain a NOC (No Objection Certificate) from your husband stating that he will allow you to work.  When you do eventually find a job the company hiring you has to then apply for a labour card for you – you cannot work for them legally without this.  .

If you are working without a labour card  both you and the company can get fined and you could face imprisonment and/or deportation if caught. Should there be any dispute between you and your employer you will not be able to submit a complaint to the labour courts as you are working illegally.

An article publish in the Daily Echo serves as a reminder of just how important it is to obtain an NOC where applicable.

Visit the Laws & Regulations section of
Expat Echo Dubai for other helpful info

Leave a Reply

Meet the team

Move One in the community

More Video Guides