Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Google Plus

What to do if your Landlord isn’t following the Dubai Rent Index?

Rising-RentYou can file a complaint with the rental dispute settlement centre or submit online complaint to Rera

If your landlord isn’t following Dubai’s Real Estate Regulatory Agency’s (Rera) rent index, you have the right to file a complaint with the rental dispute settlement centre.

But you have another option as well: you can submit your complaint to Rera — online.

In response to a tweet that complained of a landlord not following the rental index, Marwan bin Ghalita, the CEO of Rera, said: “The law is clear in the increase issue, they can submit complaint to us… we will assist them in the matter.”

The complainant, in the tweet, had said the landlord had asked her to either pay the increase or leave, and he wasn’t bothered about Rera.”

Ghalita, in another tweet, stated: “If a landlord wants the property for his own use, he should give the tenant 12 month notice and the property cannot be rented for two years.”

Continue Reading on Emirates 24/7

Leave a Reply

Meet the team

Move One in the community

More Video Guides